Each pod contains a file,
podspec.yaml, which is the pod specification (podspec) file. The podspec file is the only required file in a pod. A podspec allows you to define project-wide settings and behavior.
A podspec file lets you define a few things:
- metadata about the project such as its title,
- which preprocessors you're using (such as the Sass preprocessor or the gulp preprocessor),
- localization data (such as what locales your site is available in),
- which files are static files and error pages,
- and named deployment configurations.
Here's the codelab's
/podspec.yaml file. Review it and then let's continue.